CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the ideal certification for technical professionals who want to immerse themselves in technology as opposed to strictly managing it.
Why is CompTIA CASP+ different from other Cyber-Security certifications?
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners – not managers – at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
About the exam
The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management; enterprise security operations and architecture; research and collaboration; and integration of enterprise security. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
• Enterprise Security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
• More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber-defense needs to meet business goals
• Expanding security control topics to include Mobile and small form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
• Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
• Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.