In this course we will look at networking concepts and techniques. We will examine theoretical concepts that make the world of networking unique. Also, this course will adopt a practical hands-on approach when examining networking techniques. Along with examining different network strategies, this course will explore the advancement of network implementation, as well as, timeless problem-solving strategies.
Students will gain the understanding of how a network operates, and the first step to understanding routing, switching, and wireless. They will learn hands-on, on how networks connect to computers and peripherals using switches, routers, and access points, and what devices are essential in networking basics that allow the various pieces of equipment to connected to your network, so they may communicate with one another, as well as with other networks.
Achieving the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-007) will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to troubleshoot, configure, and manage common network wireless and wired devices, establish basic network design and connectivity, understand and maintain network documentation, identify network limitations and weaknesses, and implement network security, standards, and protocols.
The candidate will gain a basic understanding of emerging technologies including unified communications, mobile, cloud, and virtualization technologies.
In CompTIA A+ 220-1001 Section you will learn how to:
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
- Explain network infrastructure concepts.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Implement client virtualization.
- Support and troubleshoot laptops.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Support and troubleshoot print devices.
CompTIA Network+ is accredited by ANSI to show compliance with the ISO 17024 Standard and, as such, undergoes regular reviews and updates to the exam objectives.
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks