This course is designed to meet the needs of students who want to master basic information security. The course helps equip learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be IT security specialist. While teaching the fundamentals of information security, it takes an in-depth and comprehensive view of security by examining the attacks that are launched against networks and computer systems, the necessary defense mechanisms, and offers practical tools, tips and techniques to counter attackers.
The course introduces the fundamentals of network security, including compliance and operational security; threats and vulnerabilities; application, data, and host security; access control and identity management; and cryptography. The course covers new topics in network security as well, including psychological approaches to social engineering attacks, Web application attacks, penetration testing, data loss prevention, cloud computing security, and application programming development security.
Through hands-on activities and case projects, students will be able to apply cybersecurity concepts they learn to real world scenarios.
Students that successfully complete the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge and skills utilized in information systems and cybersecurity
- Assess security needs of computer and network
- Develop and interpret needs and computer and network safeguarding
- Manage the implantation and maintenance of security devised, systems,
- procedures, and countermeasures.